Q.  Can I pay my taxes and water bill by credit/debit card?
A.   No - however we do offer direct ACH payments.  Click here to obtain a form.

Q.  What is the 2010 millage rate for Ferrysburg?
A.   Homestead -     Summer       26.7661
                               Winter            2.4015 (estimated)
                               Total            29.1676

      Non-Homestead -      Summer       35.7661
                                        Winter         11.4015 (estimated)
                                        Total            47.1676

Q.  Can I get my dog license at Ferrysburg City Hall and how much are they?
A.  Yes, Starting January 1  you have an option of a one year license or three yeat license.  Licenses will also be due at the same time at the Rabies vaccination.
      Male/Female              $10.00 one year    $25.00 three year
      Unsexed with Proof     $25.00 one year    $70.00 three year
      Puppies                      $10.00 one year   (

      Fees increase if purchased after the Rabies vaccination expires.

     You may also purchse your dog license on line at http://miottawa.org

Q.  Does my puppy need a license and how much?
A.   Yes, 4-7 months the fee is $10.00 - after 7 months it would be considered an adult dog.

Q.  When are your City Council meetings?
A.  The City Council Meeting are the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm.

Q.  When are your Planning Commission meetings?
A.  The Planning Commission meetings are the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.

Q.  When are your Zoning Board of Appeal meetings?
A.   The Zoning Board of Appeal meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.

Q.  What are the hours of the City parks?
A.   Parks are open from 8 a.m. until 10 pm.  No person may be in, occupy, or use any portion of any park between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.  Alcholic beverages are not allowed in any parks.

Q.  Can the shelters at the parks be reserved?
A.   No, the shelters are on a first come basis.

Q.  When is brush pickup, and do I need to call and advise that I have brush to be picked up?
A.  The Department of Public Services conducts brush pickup April - October.  The second full week of each month, crews chip brush west of US-31.  The third full week, crews chip brush east of US-31.  Residents should stack brush with cut ends facing the same direction.  The Public Service Department will be limited to 30 minutes at each address.  Residents may call in to have their brush picked up.

Q.  Where can we take leaves?
A.  Leaves may be dropped off at the Public Service Garage (410 Fifth Street) on the west side, however, they must be in paper bags.

Q.  How do I know if I need a building permit?
A.  All construction performed in the City requires a permit.  If you have any questions call City Hall at 616-842-5803 for further information.

Q.  When are water/sewer bills sent out?
A.  Water/Sewer bills are sent out quarterly on January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15

Q.  What do the charges on my bill mean?
A.   WU - is the actual water used in the building.
      SU - is based on actual water usage during the first quarter (Jan, Feb, Mar) of each year.
     WR - is a water maintenance charge to service the water line in front of the residence (all customers pay this)
     SR - is a sewer maintenance charge to service the sewer line in front of the residence (all customers pay this)
     WD - is water deferral charges from the initial installation of the residences water line (this is only for the residences that have not paid the installation costs in full at time of hook up).

Q.  When are tax bills sent out?
A.  Summer tax bills are sent out on July 1st and due on August 31, Winter tax bills are sent out December 1st and due on February 14.