2018 Adopted Goals
1. Maintain balanced budget, taxes & water/sewer rates, financial sustainability.
2. Smith’s Bridge funding; repair/replace.
2. Lift station repairs, upgrades-seek grants/funding options.
4. Needs/concerns; road work updates/repairs, drainage issues.
5. Continue to seek avenues to decrease cost to residents.
6. Strategize the effects of a potential County sand mine purchase; both from a revenue standpoint as well as with traffic from the fuel depots and Verplank’s.
7. ADA compliance/renovate within the City and parks.
8. Create/initiate ways to encourage resident involvement with boards/commissions to fill the vacancies.
9. Educational/trainings; council members, board/commission members.
10. Street end development.
11. Investigate the cost/benefit of lowering our fire rating class number.
12. Seeking opportunities to collaborate/initiatives with surrounding communities.
13. City Hall rental/excess rooms.
14. Continue plans to provide an archived video feed of meetings for citizens.